MOON SHADOW


 

I got home to find a letter that she wrote

Said she’s tired, am always on the road

She needs a lover somebody she can hold

She had been enough of a pillar

She can no longer be the love at home

Waiting for me and my bags to come

Clean us off the entire blemish we collect on the way

 

I swear I love her didn’t mean to hurt her

She must have told me a thousand times before

To try less gifts and wrap her in kisses

There is only so much warmth that the coats and perfumes can give

There isn’t much she can share on a ‘how was your day conversation’ on the phone

I know she deserves much than what I give

I forgot loving her was my main goal

Forgot I promised her a home with me and babies

Forgot she too had dreams to live

She should be the center of my world

But other passions seem to succeed

 

I cried on the short paragraphs

Knew then that nothing matters more than her

So I will be here

This time I will be the one waiting on you to come home

I will warm our bed until you find your way back

Hoping my deeds before will light your way

Show you that bedroom purple light that I will never turn off

If you are lost, look around for a purple illumination

That’s where I will be trying to fix your coffee

Wash away the cold of the world

Welcome you home where I shall always be waiting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POLLS!

GIFTS

WHO RUN THE WORLD???