NAIROBI NIGHT.

My present time is 0133hrs 16/5/2012. why all this unnecessary information you may ask. i got home 5mins ago and now i have Tracy Chapman blasting in my ears. all that is irrelevant...so let me get to tonight's entertainment. 

I (IMMAH) has been labeled a million words that boarder from alcoholic to drunk but i like to think of myself as someone who enjoys enjoying her bottle. so ignore all those other ideas and get it from the horses mouth or in this case the drunks mouth. my colleagues from Uganda that i just met for the first time are in town. and what kind of host would i be if i didn't take them to a club and show them a good time? so i decide to be the good host that i would love to have and we are on for a night out before i leave the office.

I left the office having made up my mind on getting another tattoo. after that last few months i have had...a girl deserves a gift. so i get there as my other colleagues go to the club. i find my artist busy and so i kill a few hour working. after my tat that is just too sexy i cant stop looking at. i join them its a beautiful fun night of karaoke that has everyone fooled that they can sing including me. all that- no regrets. 

when we leave the club we take a walk through town and get them a bite to eat then i go for my matatu's(public service vehicles) this is the point you ask yourself why i didn't take a cad at 1am in the morning? moving on...i get to the matatu and it wont get me to my doorstep so i decide to get to another side of town to check for another matatu. why didn't i take a cab you may ask? so do i. as i take my majestic in my head walk...i find this guy going through a bin talking to another guy who walks away as soon as i get close. now all that is clear to me, but wasn't so clear then. anyhu, the guy call out to me and asks for a cigarette. it doesn't cross my mind how this guy knows am a smoker. i reach out and give him on. i think this is where i should point out that this is a part of time that no sensible...or in this case sober person would be found walking at 10pm to be a accurate a possible. 

I being the greatly nice person i am especially when i am drunk. i offer the guy to light his cigarette for him. while am at it this this 2 guys come and they are all surrounding me. this is the part that you hold you breath waiting for the bang. but you may please breath...and you can be sure that i was. i suffer from this problem that am sure i will find out is a mental condition sometime in my later days whereby i don't really feel fear. i don't mean anticipation of something bad about to happen. i mean if am in the situation already i never consider panic any salvation. so i proceed with lighting the cigarette and battling the winds that want to make it the longest process ever. which i don't mind coz its buying me time to think of the next process.

around this time my nice nature is kicking my mental mind for falling for a trick this cheap. the guys start getting closer and lucky me for the universes' favor the 'pal' tells them to leave me. they get slightly annoyed and tell him they just want me to give them what is theirs they go. you are not alone...am still tryna figure our what was THEIRS. he refers to me as a sista as if that should change anything. to my amusement it actually helps but all was better when i said something that i cant really remember. immediately i saw my freedom shining in his eyes. the 'leader' who has been doubling as the spokesman too in this situation leans back. he speaks on his ghetto slang of how awesome my voice is so i should go in peace, and i walked. so i have a new thing to love bout be...not that i was running low, but my voice is a new celebration. am not sure whether its the smoking or the cigarettes or the drinking or the fact that i have one of the worst colds i have had in ages. i shall be whispering in my damn ear for the next few weeks if not many months. 

xxx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POLLS!

GIFTS

WHO RUN THE WORLD???