DEMEANORS.


 

Family, friends and strangers come to my door.

“Knock knock!”

“Who’s there?”

Family;

So I run to my room for a tighter pair of jeans

I open the door with a smile on my face to meet my genes.

“Hey honey, we haven’t seen you in a while,

We are starting to suspect some bail.

Is there anything to eat? Oops!

How do you survive living like a man?

We shall gather up something ourselves, save you a burn.

So what is the last time you went to church?

We saw you on the T.V the other day speaking more of those gay wrongs.

No wonder your eggs never seem to hatch

Speaking of hatching, your son still has that cold

Do not fool yourself; it has something to do with that girl you hold. “

 

Family, friends and strangers come to my door.

Friends;

Kicks open the door like SWAT.

“Wsup wsup wsup?”

Fuck! You look like shit

What was the last time you slept?

Worry not I brought a blunt and a bottle for you.

But I think you need much more, don’t you?

Wait, how did it end at the party?

I hope you picked the blonde, her dancing was DIRTY!

Forget that, some chic wants a hook up

Let me give you her number you look her up.

Get them voices outta your head and take a nap.”

 

Family, friends and strangers knock on my door.

Stranger;

“Hello, sorry for disturbing you am looking for you next door neighbor

No one is home and I would like to wait here as a favor

Time is scarce considering we all have to labor

WAIT! Are you a man or a woman?

Were you born this way or are you trying to turn?

Ever been beaten up or given a ban?

Worry not I understand it I have a friend who likes to have such ‘fun’

You would like my girlfriend and give each other things to learn #wink

 

Family, friends and strangers come to my door

I open with a hospitable smile that speaks of affection

Hoping for a knowledgeable interaction

One with more statements than questions

Of equal portions and proportions

A sharing and build up of notions

A little less privacy invasion

One of those politically correct conversations

That will have you at your door awaiting the next verbal invitation.

‘We live by our wit and accept the risk.’

 

Comments

  1. Wow! I love....
    Totally relate... Except the "are you a man or woman" part.. Lol!
    Awesome piece...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting piece! :) Relatable too!
    ~nate labelle~

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow i can totally relate especially "wait are you a man or woman " part.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clearly we all have a problem with that annoying never ending question. Who know cross-dressing had such severe consequences, lol.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

POLLS!

GIFTS

WHO RUN THE WORLD???