DR. REID


I have had the conversation am having with myself over 40 times. Since I can remember the first being some time when I started talking.

‘Immah what do you wanna be when you grow up? A doctor perhaps?' when my moods favored me; I would give an answer. One that ran through my mind days later.

Hoping to convince me that it is not a boring idea that being referred as that in this capitalist society where you are tagged by your 9-5 activities won’t be that unbearable.

Today lets focus on Dr. Reid who was the yes answer to the discussion whenever I considered my time best spent on something else.

Spending the weekend watching Grey’s doesn’t throw such memories at the darkest part of my head. I never wanted to become a doctor like the two thirds in our class

All I knew is that I didn’t know what I wanted to be till way past my entry into adulthood. What it took for me was seeing this autistic, socially retarded, genius character. Spencer Reid is the name and he is a human behavior expert who is a walking encyclopedia. He has all information on all that has been put down on paper or soft copy. What he hasn’t read, he can in super human speed and is locked down safely.

Ok maybe not so safely as his mother suffers from schizophrenia and being a hereditary mental condition, there might come a day when he will be just a drooling human stature at an psych-ward.

Either way…when I grow up I wanna be Spencer Reid, hold an understanding of all human actions and thinking. From why the killer feels no sense of sympathy while drowning a 10month year old child, to why the homeless and other criminal favorite targets live in clusters.

How people get to the point of suicide without offering a clue to the immediate neighbor. I wanna be the one to find the answer to the debate of nature verses nurture. I want to understand our dependency on socializing, why we accept commitment and monogamy as a norm.

Why religion is such a successful ideology and its value in the human social order. Why success can be achieved only by some and not always the most industrious. How politics have evolved since human organization. How we blind ourselves to capitalism and still pity the hungry.

Why self actualization was focused on intelligence and human understanding and now some confuse it to the weight of your monthly income.

How sexual orientation is more misunderstood by those who study it than those who live as minorities. Why abortion is even a debate while child mortality due to malnutrition in pregnant mothers is not even a discussion.

Why it’s so hard for us to accept that there might just be nothing for us after death, that dying is just that and no one is waiting for you after that or any eternal bliss.

That the idiocracy of conflict is the emotional discomfort it offers both parties. Accept that I may never get to be all knowing and just getting to half that distance is more than enough.

Either way…when I grow up I want to be Dr. Spencer Reid, but Dr. Immah Reid will be just fine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

POLLS!

GIFTS

WHO RUN THE WORLD???